Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A Warrior's Redemption


For a long period of time, or so it seems, the warrior in me was forced to recluse and was compelled to learn the dark arts of deception. I learnt to use illusion as a powerful sorcery
to reduce processes to simplicity. Yet, I was stifled by not being able to be at my best, at acquiring new achievements and scaling new mountains where hitherto unscathed by human prescence.

I am grateful that providence has given me a second chance. In this new lease of life in a new role, I am able to run at my original fury, and many many times over. I have the support of kind colleagues which I maintain a certain state of cautiousness( though gradually letting down my guard) and a certain pleasant reporting line and sensitve branch manager makes the whole picture beautiful.

There is little politics here, save the fiery temper of my cute little assistant service rm Claris, whom I have to handle with due care. We run our own targets and the sky is really the limit.
What we know that we can earn in a year is now compressed into what I view as achievable in a quarter, and possibly much more. I can feel my blood boiling again. I work deep into the night. The passion of climbing new mountains thrills my soul to the core.

The formula is simple: x number of calls = x number of appointments = x number of revenue.
If you want to make 100k this quarter, just break it down to the number of calls you have to make. I figured 25 a day. Tough? Hardly.We ARE in the high end selling business; but bottomline is , the tools are good. With an arsenal of weaponry, I can handle the combat with finesse and skill.

As we grow we forget our shells. We shed new skins everyday, and gaze at the days of old with nostalgia. But the smallness of the past supports the strength of our souls today. I think the happiness I pursue is clearer now. It is fighting the good fight. It is not giving up. It is having the mind of a fighter, thinking that nothing is impossible, that whatever height it is , it is just another mountain for us to scale. What one man can do, another man can!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home