Sunday, October 01, 2006


Has been a while since I wrote, has been a while since anything was felt. Caught in a flurry of ideals, it is easy to numb ourselves to the point of oblivion, convincing our souls in a daily drone of voices that: no we do not need love, no we do not require a personal life; it is just not a pre-requisite of corporate life and ambition.

And slowly we lull ourselves to forget, the very essence that brought us to life, the spring of our souls. Love is a many splendoured thing, but being a thing of past, it is reduced to a petty form of nostalgia. What did we do correct ? What did we do wrong? Nobody could answer these questions save ourselves.

I have loved and lost many times over. Sometimes it is to that extent of being painful to remember. In time I've developed a unique form of selective amnesia, designed to allow me access to the form and not the substance of days gone past. This is probably present in not some of us, but all of us.

Fortunately, fate deals its cards in its own delight. Well, sometimes you are dealt a lucky hand and suddenly, you remember. The sweetness that flows into your veins. The passion that once filled your soul. The heartbeat that skipped once or twice...

" They found solace,
in the moment that a sudden passion joined them in meeting.

Such is a certainty,
That renders the world beautiful.

And yet within,
The uncertainty beckons the heart,
To greater depths of beauty."
--Wislawa Szymborska,
Love at First Sight.
.


"How can I keep my soul in me,
so that it doesn't touch your soul?
How can I raise it high enough,
past you, to other things?
I would like to shelter it,
among remote lost objects,
in some dark and silent place
that doesn't resonate when your depths resound.
Yet everything that touches us,
me and you,takes us together like a violin's bow,
which draws one voice out of two separate strings.
Upon what instrument are we two spanned?
And what musician holds us in his hand?"
- Rainer Maria Rilke ,Sweetest Song

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home