
Does anyone really fall into any single catergory of character typology???
At least this is what a book I'm working on, seeks to generalize. Motivation is something that is probably innate to me, but I always seem to have difficulty bringing it to others. This is important considering I'm taking a shot at leadership roles.
Well, truth is , Eli and Lyn are leaving the bank and industry and they have both tendered together at around the same time... I'm just barely into my 2nd month into work, so this is slightly depressing.
Combine this with the fact that another gal stationed at the branch, Claire, who chose Rocky with me, is also leaving, and you get an all time high.
The impressive thing was how my BOSS handled it. I really hand it to him, and guess I've many years of catching up in terms of managing people as well as my own emotions at work.Unfazed by both tenders, of which I'd perceive to be a substantial loss in revenue,BOSS simply said:" When you employ so many, it is only natural that some will stay and some will leave." Wa. I'm really seriously impressed as I thought he'd be at least a little affected like us.At the end of the day, I think it takes great strength and impartiality to lead. If BOSS gets affected imagine how the rest will deal with it.
I'm just into my second month into the bank and barely scraping past claiming my commisions last month, though with a quarter millions' worth of sales. Apparently it is still a puny small figure in comparison to most. Pacing myself at a 20 month-long run, this month is a good start at 260k in first week secured. This month I will shoot for the million mark.
That having said, look at where the team is at now: I'm new, Isaac's new, Desmond's strength is in loans. And the others do not contribute as a team. Isaac himself is a hell of a sales person, and he helped me a ton along the way.Completely unselfish, Isaac has no weaknesses. I think I can help to motivate him in the direction of insurance sales.Des however is still, as the books will define, in type 3 zone. He is patient with ridiculous people, and will go to great lengths to appease hostile, vile, saliva spitting customers. That's something I've consistently failed to accomplish. However, on occasions where the moment of attack is eminent, Des almost always pulls back. I do not know whether it is his virtue or misgiving , but I do know this hesitation will certainly cost him his position one day. I'd very much like to help motivate him and persuade him to stay, though I'm not confident.Harold i this supremely neutral and selfish character, whom we never get to talk to whenever help is needed. He does his job well, expects help from noone, and therefore helps noone. He is not a leader. With Eli gone, he is the next oldest senior and yet I'd not expect much from him. D'jeanny is someone noone talks to, simply because she talks too much. Not a team player.
This leads me to the inevitable conclusion that the team now is marginalised to 2 or 3 people, which is fine as long as I figure out the mechanics. It would be a very heavy blow if Des really leaves as noone is familiar with his expertise.Sales figures wise, I'd commit twice my usual to make up for the loss.I reckon Isaac has to do the same...How else are we seeing 4 Mill figures per month????

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home