
Today we talk about friends.
Some friends are actually acquaintances, some are good only when you have tied interests, some are amorous candidates whom you call "platonic".But, I'm pretty damn sure each of us have in our hearts one or two buggers whom you thought could last a lifetime.
Mr Edwin Ong XX is one such friend, if I can even call him that at this juncture.We date back a long time, long before my long line of girlfriends and flings.Long before I even knew what was a millionaire and how many zeros were attached to a million.This was a time when I had absolutely no ideals and thought that my electric guitar and my flair for art was my asset.( this eventually dwindled whatever's left of my real savings from young)
Anyways I first sat beside XX in Jan 1993 at class mistakenly thinking it was my seat.That's all I could remember actually and he was into Npcc and I fought my bouts with almost everyone in class(literally) At Hwa Chong, we were there with the controversial LamTian and Haoxiang and prettty much no one else.. so naturally we chatted and studied together. I saw that the canoe team was a good way to start training so I started to train with em.
Through the years, we have changed and drifted apart. What drew sadness was that I was holding on to the past that the aspirations, drive, desire and lust for life which I still hold dear,
has become a sort of taboo to him (and zhanxiong). These two fuckers need stability, constance and passiveness to feed their souls with.Therefore at this moment, time has cut us apart.And I am in the present. Nothing has changed in me, but the influences and trash all around is always building up.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home