
6 March 06 2201hrs Dalat, Central Vietnam Highlands
With great speed and fury I’ve travelled for 6 days hardly stopping to rest, rushing to the sites for photography, and not sensing too much of the city. In a way I knew I didn’t want to sense it since all backpacker ghettos are pretty generic and similar both in prices and things they sell.However It’s good that they all have fruit juice, particularly avocado juice.I’ve drank like 5 cups a nite at 50 cents each- it is known , avocado is a known aphrodisiac. Not that I’ve too much use for that…
Dalat is a pretty little french colonial style town, quiet and tranquil. A sanctuary compared to the streets of Saigon, with Europeans and Blacks hugging on to some viet gals and the noisy raunchy streets, which reminded me of khaosan. Backpacker hell. So I’ve decided to give myself a treat and rest a while here, not that I haven’t been resting all this while, it’s just that I’ve been raging on buses onto the roads non stop and getting up everyday at 6 AM. I take this as a very subtle training for my new life to come:getting up early rushing to work, and closing shop in the evenings.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home