21 March 2006 0020hrs Hong Kong TsimShaTsui
It’s pretty near going home-to-face-the music time…well, I’ve survived Thaksin protests, and fever and 5 days of food poisoning so nothing could be worse. The weather in hong kong is chilly and perfect just like I wanted…This trip has brought a lot of self reflection and an excessive overdose of solitary moments; that I may remember sometimes it is not easy to stay on your own for prolonged periods of time.
Well I must confess that in hong kong I had only begun to think a little about the new life to come, and work, and my financial arrangements. The continual email of my soon to be ex-boss brought moods down for a while, till Janet said:” forget what she’s said, you’re not working with her in the future” How very true indeed. All her staged chivalry and nonsense…these are the last of her words anyways.
For me HK is a pretty sterile place, but good for resting as everything is available. However one shortcoming when you have too much time is shopping. There is no cure. There are just too many things to buy here.But it is a good place to relax, and I’ve been to a Han tomb, an interesting museum, Lantau Island Buddha, the night markets and Ladies’ streets; done lotsa shopping and bought most of what mum might want here.
Food is good but expensive here too-virtually no savings.I also noticed my sunken cheeks from the week long diahorrea ;I’ve eaten nothing much apart from meat porridge and cup noodles. But here it is excessively lonesome. Especially when the only emails you receive are from your soon to be ex boss.
So I have nothing further to see or buy; I’m a happy man. Bought all that I needed and all. When I return home I’m gonna do a major cleanup of my room,also do some prints for the photos; and check my stuff at the office, together with the resignation letter.
The Spartan lifestyle of my travels has also led me thinking about my 3 yr old car, maybe I’d sell it to save better for the house. Also I’ll have to read up on the files concerning my new employer…well I’ve got a long week to do this.
Overall the trip was very enriching, complete with a stopover in the chilly hongkong as a rest haven for the beaten soul. I’ve absorbed more political information here than through any part of my life…and perspectives that I’d never forget…
It’s pretty near going home-to-face-the music time…well, I’ve survived Thaksin protests, and fever and 5 days of food poisoning so nothing could be worse. The weather in hong kong is chilly and perfect just like I wanted…This trip has brought a lot of self reflection and an excessive overdose of solitary moments; that I may remember sometimes it is not easy to stay on your own for prolonged periods of time.
Well I must confess that in hong kong I had only begun to think a little about the new life to come, and work, and my financial arrangements. The continual email of my soon to be ex-boss brought moods down for a while, till Janet said:” forget what she’s said, you’re not working with her in the future” How very true indeed. All her staged chivalry and nonsense…these are the last of her words anyways.
For me HK is a pretty sterile place, but good for resting as everything is available. However one shortcoming when you have too much time is shopping. There is no cure. There are just too many things to buy here.But it is a good place to relax, and I’ve been to a Han tomb, an interesting museum, Lantau Island Buddha, the night markets and Ladies’ streets; done lotsa shopping and bought most of what mum might want here.
Food is good but expensive here too-virtually no savings.I also noticed my sunken cheeks from the week long diahorrea ;I’ve eaten nothing much apart from meat porridge and cup noodles. But here it is excessively lonesome. Especially when the only emails you receive are from your soon to be ex boss.
So I have nothing further to see or buy; I’m a happy man. Bought all that I needed and all. When I return home I’m gonna do a major cleanup of my room,also do some prints for the photos; and check my stuff at the office, together with the resignation letter.
The Spartan lifestyle of my travels has also led me thinking about my 3 yr old car, maybe I’d sell it to save better for the house. Also I’ll have to read up on the files concerning my new employer…well I’ve got a long week to do this.
Overall the trip was very enriching, complete with a stopover in the chilly hongkong as a rest haven for the beaten soul. I’ve absorbed more political information here than through any part of my life…and perspectives that I’d never forget…
Hong Kong, Dessert Shop, Jordan

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home